- 1/2 cup (125ml) peanut oil
- 1 tbs finely chopped ginger
- 3 long green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely grated
- 1 1/2 tbs runny honey
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 80g chili paste in soybean oil
- 600g whole skinless salmon fillet, pin-boned
- 240g packet dried green tea noodles
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 2 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes, plus extra to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds & micro shiso leaves, to serv
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat peanut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add ginger, long green shallot, lemongrass and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes until long green shallot is very soft but not colored. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Meanwhile, combine honey, olive oil and chili paste in a bowl. Stir to combine. Line a baking tray with baking paper and add salmon. Rub honey mixture over salmon to coat, then season. Roast for 12-15 minutes for medium. Set aside, loosely covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse briefly with warm water.
4. Whisk lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chili flakes into the shallot oil mixture. Place noodles in a large bowl with three quarters of the shallot oil, season and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter and flake salmon over the top. Served at room temperature with toasted sesame seeds and shiso leaves.