- 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings-strawberries, butter, maple syrup, violet
Violet offers a powerful floral essence and sweet aromatic scent, and has earned esteem as one of nature’s greatest culinary assets. Another famous edible flower, violet is great for decorating.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Spray the inside of a heart shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray. Place the cookie cutter on the griddle or pan and fill with about ¼ cup of pancake batter. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove cookie cutter and flip carefully with a spatula. Cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone.